The Miracles of Jesus give proof that Jesus is God in the flesh. Jesus did more miracles than any other person in the Old Testament or the Torah. The miracles of Jesus prove that His power was limitless and they testify of His role our Healer, Deliver, Good Shepherd and The Anointed One. There is nothing too hard for God and Jesus came into this World with great Power and Authority, He is Son of God.
Jesus had the power to do whatever He pleased because He is God, so He had the power to create whatever He chose. We are sure of this that Mary saw her son do many miracles before His public Ministry began. She knew the power that her Son possessed and as the scriptures teach us; at a wedding in Cana Mary brought to Jesus attention that “they was no more wine”.
Jesus reply was “Why do you involve me, my hour has not yet come”. Jesus was mentioning that His public Ministry had not yet begun. Yet Mary knew that her Son could do anything and she told the guest, to “Do whatever He tell you”. Mary gives us some great insight into Jesus’ limitless power and all he requires from us to see His power at work in our lives is for us to “Do whatever He tells us”.
Jesus Changes Water Into Wine:
The Word of God says in
1 On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there,
2 and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding.
3 When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.”
4 “Woman, why do you involve me?” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.”
5 His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”
6 Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.
7 Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water”; so they filled them to the brim.
8 Then he told them, “Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.”
They did so,
9 and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside
10 and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”
11 What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.
Jesus announces His Earthy Ministry to the public:
Jesus’ coming is a fulfillment Old Testament scripture and He begun Ministry in the public by reading the book of Isaiah 61:1-2
16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.
Jesus Heals The People of all their diseases and casts out demons:
1. Man with leprosy – Matthew 8:1-4; Mark 1:40-44; Luke 5:12-14
2. Roman centurion’s servant – Matthew 8:5-13; Luke 7:1-10
3. Peter’s mother-in-law – Matthew 8:14-15; Mark 1:30-31; Luke 4:38-39
4. Two men possessed with devils – Matthew 8:28-34; Mark 5:1-15; Luke 8:27-39
5. Man with palsy – Matthew 9:2-7; Mark 2:3-12; Luke 5:18-26
6. Woman with bleeding – Matthew 9:20-22; Mark 5:25-34; Luke 8:43-48
7. Two blind men – Matthew 9:27-31
8. Dumb, devil-possessed man – Matthew 9:32-33
9. Canaanite woman’s daughter – Matthew 15:21-28; Mark 7:24-30
10. Boy with devil – Matthew 17:14-21; Mark 9:17-29; Luke 9:38-43
11. Two blind men – including Bartimaeus – Matthew 20:29-34; Mark 10:46-52; Luke 18:35-43
12. Demon-possessed man in synagogue – Mark 1:21-28; Luke 4:31-37
13. Blind man at Bethsaida – Mark 8:22-26
14. Crippled woman – Luke 13:10-17
15. Man with dropsy – Luke 14:1-4
16. Ten men with leprosy – Luke 17:11-19
17. The high priest’s servant – Luke 22:50-51
18. Nobleman’s son at Capernaum – John 4:46-54
19. Sick man at the pool of Bethsaida – John 5:1-15
20. Man born blind – John 9:1-41
Jesus Demonstrates His Power and Authority over all Creation:
1. Calming the storm – Matthew 8:23-27; Mark 4:37-41; Luke 8:22-25
2. Feeding 5,000 – Matthew 14:14-21; Mark 6:30-44; Luke 9:10-17; John 6:1-14
3. Walking on water – Matthew 14:22-32; Mark 6:47-52; John 6:16-21
4. Feeding 4,000 – Matthew 15:32-39; Mark 8:1-9
5. Fish with coin – Matthew 17:24-27
6. Fig tree withers – Matthew 21:18-22; Mark 11:12-14, 20-25
7. Huge catch of fish – Luke 5:4-11; John 21:1-11
8. Water into wine – John 2:1-11
Jesus raises the Dead and His own Resurrection:
1. Jairus’ daughter – Matthew 9:18-26; Mark 5:21-43; Luke 8:40-56
2. Widow’s son at Nain – Luke 7:11-17
3. Lazarus – John 11:1-44
4. Jesus rose from the dead Luke 24:5-6.
This Miracles of Jesus give us all a witness to His Divinity. No one could do what Jesus did unless He was indeed God’s Son. Jesus did many good works and miracles and the Word of God records these miracles to let us know that Jesus is indeed the Messiah. Jesus is still working Miracles today because He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Only Believe and trust in Him. As His mother Mary said to people at the Wedding of Cana, His first public Miracle in scripture, “Do whatever He tells you to do”, just believe His Word and obey, He will do the rest.